Thursday, March 18, 2010

Spring Inspiration





Lately, I have been frustrated by the fact that though spring has sprung in many of our neighbor's yards, spring is limping through ours. We were given part of the day off in school on Tuesday and told it was our time to encounter the Lord. Many of my friends see things in the spiritual realm in the form of closed visions (like a movie clip in your mind) and get impressions (hunches that turn out to be really accurate). The Holy Spirit often reveals knowledge that we couldn't normally know on our own. Intercession has become a lot more fun this year as I've learned about the joys of prophetic acts.
Three of my friends drove up to Whiskey town to go hiking for the morning. Two of them had an open vision there the previous week, that happened to be the same vision and came back totally rocked. Last week, while Wendee was overlooking the valley she saw with her natural eyes thousands of colorful circles of light floating around, what she called orbs. She felt the Lord's presence really strong and like heaven was pulling on earth. I've heard the expression pulling on heaven, but this was a new one, that heaven is pulling on earth. I've never seen "orbs", but the best description I've heard is something close to the circles you in see in photographs of the sun when the light is hitting the lens just right. I've drawn them before not knowing what they were. When her room mate joined her, Wendee asked what she saw over the valley, and immediately she described the exact same vision. This week when they went back they said the orbs were still there but not as many as they had seen the week before, they still had a great time getting rocked by the Lord's presence.
My encounter time had a different flavor. I didn't have an open vision, but being a beautiful day, encountering Him outside seemed like an appealing option. Being taken back by the beauty around me on my prayer walk I began prophesying life to my own yard when I got back home. We have three trees on our property which haven't showed signs of new growth yet. Life is blooming all around us. One is a palm tree that is supposed to stay green year round, but is turning brown not green. Our grass is brown in large areas from the winter and the clumps of bright new growth has an orange rust like fungus on it. We have had LOTS of rain, so getting enough water isn't the issue, but unlike other yards ours hasn't gotten the memo. So as a prophetic act of intercession here's what I did while speaking life to our yard. When I got done I came inside to clean out my brushes and as I unraveled my clumped up painting rag here is what I saw. I think Jesus was laughing with me that day.

No comments: